Jam Fancy Ceramics

Have you seen Christina’s ceramics? She once again shows that she is an incredible jack-of-all-trades. I think the behatted lolly bowl girl is my all time favourite with the Geisha girl being a close second, but all of them are exquisite. We enrolled in a community ceramics course together at the beginning of second term this year, and while I proved to myself once again that I just don’t “get” clay, Christina took to it immediately. What a gal. I miss her stacks.

Oh sad day – for me. But if you are in Melbourne, Sunday could be a very happy day for you. Nathalie Lété is going to be in Melbourne painting two shop windows – catch her in Malvern and then in Doncaster. I’m not envious of you guys, no, not one bit, not at all… nope. Really.  …. …  …..

Great Horned Owls by John James Audubon 1814 and 1821

We have a nightime owl visitor. I think my love for this place is almost complete. Two nights ago there was a large dark silhoutte sitting on a branch of the dead fir tree outside our bedroom window. And it was making hooting noises – actual, real owl-sounding hoots. After listening to a bunch of audio files, we have him identified – the Great Horned Owl.

14 Responses to “Jam Fancy Ceramics”

1. Luann

I love Great Horned Owls. Once in awhile you get to catch a glimpse of one at my mum’s farm in Alberta. So glad you’re settling in at your new home.

2. Christina

Just popped by to see what you were up to and got a bit of a shock, thought I was at the wrong site for a minute and had gone to my blog instead*L* and you cant be envious, one quick Nathalie Lete sighting doesnt stack up against living in a new paradise : ) I will film it for you, just like being there only you dont have to be here*L*

3. jenny b harris

Gasp! The little roses just slay me! I have always loved “Jam Fancy”. She paints girls in the most adorable way, and now they are in ceramic form… lovely!

4. DH.

YES! This is exactly the sound that drove me to do the Cloudy Collection print I made for the set you were in. They camp out near our bedroom window. I looked up the range once, and these HUGE BIRDS live all over North America, but people don’t see them all that often. Crazy, and awesome.

5. julie

thank you for continuing your story. A real inspiration to many. much happiness to you and yours.julie:)

6. Jenni

such lovely lolly looking glazes, don’t know you but i thought about you when i read about Nathalie Lete on Pip’s blog :)i hope to make it.

7. cintia

Had a double treat on Sunday, not only did i get to witness the magic of Nathalie Lete, I also met Christina of Jam Fancy, fancy that?I felt like such a philistine amongst such talented artists…

8. Rosalie Quaife

I adore your Hooty owl sounds. Beautiful. This morning I recorded the birds in our garden.

9. Bryony O'Hara

There is a lovely Farley Mowatt book about Great Horned Owls ‘Owls in the family’, it is really for children, but a lovely read.