A litte house in a tree

My dad has just finished building a treehouse right down the back of my parent’s garden. My dad is a meticulous planner, and a brilliant problem solver and he has put in a grand, last-ditch effort to get this finished so that the girls could enjoy it before we leave for Canada. We are all so impressed with this little beauty which he built from scratch and from his own design and is now perched amongst the boughs of a tree. When you are standing inside, and then peer up through the plastic roof you can see the nose of a possum hiding in his little wooden possum box, high up above. The magpies and the noisy miners loiter about up there too. All that is needed now is a family of small marsupials or rodents of some kind to make a home underneath, nestling around the tree trunk and the uprights and it would be an entire apartment block of cheerful but quite noisy creatures.

18 Responses to “A litte house in a tree”

1. Kristina

My God, that’s gorgeous… the plastic room is a wonderful grace note. How ever will you convince them to leave all that behind? Not that Salt Spring Island doesn’t have its own charms….

2. Andi

Well done Dad. That’s a ripper!!And the trip to Canada … hope its just a holiday!Not moving are we?

• Claire

Oh yes we are! Two entries back is the full explanation. 🙂

3. Elizabeth

Claire, I hope you all have a wonderful time in Canada. Good on you for having the guts to get up and DO something instead of daydreaming about it! I also hope you will run Loobylu from there, or start another blog, as this is so much fun to read. BTW love the treehouse. I can recommend a a tribe of freerange guinea pigs if you want things to live underneath it, although they’re not exactly native.

4. Kathreen

Oh I feel sort of sad for your dad – the treehouse is amazing – hopefully the girls will get lots of aussie holidays in which to enjoy itK xx

5. Jay Banks

You have quite noisy neighbours in your apartment block. It must feel amazing to stay in your tree house and listen to all those voices of nature. Your father is great parent to build you such a nice house.

6. playhouse

It looks great..I’m sorry that I didn’t have one growing up as I’m living since forever in an apartment block.

7. Amanda

Claire I NEED your father!!! How clever! I love the idea of the clear roof-perfect for late night camping out!

8. Katy Kristin

Really, really awesome treehouse! I’m hoping to build one in my backyard…but we have no tree :)I think I will use the stilt method and plant a tree to grow around it.Good luck on your move to Canada!