Shake it up

I’ve been getting super jealous of Pip and her photo shoot. It sounds like a dream come true. This afternoon I finally finished my small group of five rabbit/mice things and thought I might do a little photo shoot trial run ready for the next sunny day. I asked Lily if she’d hold on to one of the girls hoping that it would give potential buyers some kind of idea of how big the toys are – but despite being hugely enthusiastic she really didn’t quite understand what we were trying to achieve. We had lots of intense movement; head shaking, rabbit shaking, dancing around… A zakka photo shoot this was not.

This one is called “Mummy, rabbit attack camera”:

Less blury photos to come in the next few days.

18 Responses to “Shake it up”

1. kate

My family always ask why I never send them photos of my kid. It’s because almost every photo I take is of the kid trying to take the camera out of my hands in a big blur. Never work with children. That particular softie bunny/mouse though is definitely worth working with.Oh, and thank all available deities for digital photography!

2. Finch

I think it might be coupled with the fact that I’ve not had much sleep after moving to a new flat, but “Mummy, rabbit attack camera” brought tears of laughter to my eyes. Both Lily and the softy are simply adorable. I also had no idea how big they were – so if anything, it worked and had a lovely story to accompany it.Good luck with the next photo shoot 🙂

3. linsey

LOL. I’m glad I’m not the only one that has a hard time getting a two year old to pose. 🙂 Usually it’s “I SEE?” before I’ve even taken the picture. The hazards of digital cameras…

4. Helen

I am jealous of the sushi at that photo shoot.Hope I can get a bunny–you were one of the first craft blogs I ever read a couple of years ago–a new world!

5. Heather J

Hi there, cute photos :).Are they on sale yet, I’ve been checking in daily here, but wondering if I’m missing an Etsy link? 🙂

6. Christie

yeah, I love those Japanese sewing books with the little girls leaning up againt a wall, showcasing the beautiful clothes.My kids don’t sit still & as soon as they see a camera they run away or make a grab for it, either way the pics are not great!

7. Helen

I just wrote a poem about children and blurry photos last week! Here it is:The Blur

Photos of my children – the crisp and clear go in albumsthe well-composed in frames.

In an envelopein the drawerbeside my bed

the out of focusthe imperfect, the rejectsif you like

something about the blur,children in motion,their lack of awareness

mid-lurch, mid-leapor a sudden need to hide ora hand looming into middle-distance

reaching for their mother, reaching for me.